Monday, October 10, 2016

I Take Responsibility

From last night's Town Hall debate:
Hillary Clinton: I've said before, but I'll repeat it, because I want everyone to hear it -- that was a mistake, and I take responsibility for using a personal e-mail account. Obviously, if I were to do it over again, I would not. I'm not making any excuses. It was a mistake. And I am very sorry about that. 
No. Admitting what everyone knows isn't "taking responsibility". If a man fathered a child and did nothing more than admit the child was his, didn't take part in raising it or help support it, would you say he took responsibility? If you came back to find your parked car with a big dent in it and a note that said, "I'm responsible, sorry!" would you be satisfied?

Clinton got away with saying she bore responsibility for Benghazi. And saying she takes responsibility running her own illegal private email server. I just wish that the next time she says, "I take responsibility" someone asks her, "How?". In what way has she or will she take responsibility?

No comments:

Post a Comment